[Merkaartor] Bugs?

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri Sep 12 07:56:58 BST 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Norbert Wenzel wrote:

> On is that when I enter "Wohngebietsstraße" (residential road) in the menu on
> the right side the 'n' isn't kept inside that control. So when typing and I
> press 'n' the "New scene" (I guess it is that) menu is triggered and it asks
> me if I want to throw away the changes I've made. (Which is good, otherwise
> I'd had them lost very often.)
> I think every key without any modifier should be kept in that menu and not
> propagated.
> (I've only found a similar ticket #837, but I don't think they're actually
> related.)

Already fixed. This was caused by the fact, that QT on linux allows to
translate the keyboard modifiers, but on Windows it does not. Thus Windows
does (instead of invalidating the whole shortcut) transform the "STRG+N"
into a plain "N", which is not one of the best ideas.

> Another issue is that when drawing roads, the nodes are sometimes not drawn
> until I upload the changes and redownload the scene again. Note that just the
> nodes (the small points) aren't drawn, the street is there. This is not
> alway, but very often the case.
> It's annoying because the snap-to-point feature won't work without those
> nodes.

I remported this in Trac some time ago and bug was closed without changes.
You could reopen it with better description.

Ciao