[Merkaartor] Add own file formats?

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Sun Sep 21 16:08:54 BST 2008

> ebay (that's where it is from) calls it
> i-Blue 747 GPS Bluetooth Receiver 32Ch Data Logger 16MB [0]
> which ships with nearly no information and a crappy software (seems like
> they really have some serious problems with unicode, even in the GUI
> buttons), so I wouldn't wonder if the output of the NMEA files from that
> software is buggy.
>
> Well, the good thing with NMEA, it is that it's independant from (crappy)
software. It's actually the GPS chip itself that sends NMEA code, which are
then converted to KML, GPX, CSV... by the software.

Yours use a MTK chipset, apparently, that I don't know. As my NMEA tests
have been done on a Sirf III chipset (which is probably around 80% of the
market), it could very well be that there are subtle differences...