[Merkaartor] Scale with improved visibility

Matias D'Ambrosio angasule at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 18:35:09 BST 2008

 I'm attaching a tiny patch that improves the visibility of the scale number
and unit by drawing a white background (actually, whatever colour is defined
as background).
 I think an ideal solution would be to have a font of a certain colour with an
outline of a different colour (like proper movie subtitles), but I couldn't
find how to do that easily. Even this method could be better by having some
extra background to the sides, but it seems it ignores leading and trailing
whitespace.