[Merkaartor] Uploading data from bulk .shp conversion

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Wed Apr 22 15:14:27 BST 2009

It's due to Merkaartor assuming an OSM is an extract of the database, and
not handling the case of OSM being a transport format "JOSM-style", i.e.
with negative id's. Could you please send me the OSM? I'll see that
implemented.

OTOH, Merkaartor allows to import SHP files directly, too. In this instance,
the SHP objects are considered as GPX trackpoints, i.e. editable but not
uploadable without a manual "commit".
To upload an object, you will have to select it and "Feature - Commit to
dirty layer" it first.

- Chris -