[Merkaartor] Problems with install on OSX

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Fri Dec 4 19:09:06 GMT 2009

Hi,

Heh, earlier today I tried to build Markaartor on Mac OS X 10.6, but is failed with the following error message. I'm using the LGPL SDK from http://qt.nokia.com/downloads

g++ -c -pipe -g -gdwarf-2 -arch i386 -Wall -W -DVERSION=0.14 -DREVISION= -DUSE_WEBKIT -D_TTY_POSIX_ -DUSE_GPS -DPLUGINS_DIR=/usr/local/lib/merkaartor/plugins -DSHARE_DIR=/usr/local/share/merkaartor -DTRANSDIR_MERKAARTOR=/usr/local/share/merkaartor/translations -DWORLD_SHP=/usr/local/share/merkaartor/world_background.osb -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/local/Qt4.6/mkspecs/macx-g++ -I. -I/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/Headers -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/Library/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework/Versions/4/Headers -I/usr/include/QtNetwork -I/Library/Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/4/Headers -I/usr/include/QtGui -I/Library/Frameworks/QtXml.framework/Versions/4/Headers -I/usr/include/QtXml -I/Library/Frameworks/QtSvg.framework/Versions/4/Headers -I/usr/include/QtSvg -I/Library/Frameworks/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/4/Headers -I/usr/include/QtWebKit -I/usr/include -I../include -I../interfaces -I. -IRender -Iqextserialport -IGPS -INameFinder -IDocks -ITools -ITagTemplate -I. -I. -F/Library/Frameworks -o qrc_Templates.o qrc_Templates.cpp
g++ -headerpad_max_install_names -arch i386 -o ../binaries/bin/merkaartor.app/Contents/MacOS/merkaartor browserimagemanager.o MDockAncestor.o PropertiesDock.o InfoDock.o LayerDock.o DirtyDock.o StyleDock.o FeaturesDock.o Command.o DocumentCommands.o FeatureCommands.o TrackPointCommands.o RelationCommands.o RoadCommands.o TrackSegmentCommands.o Coord.o DownloadOSM.o ExportOSM.o ImportGPX.o ImportOSM.o ImportNGT.o MapDocument.o MapLayer.o ImageMapLayer.o MapFeature.o Painting.o Projection.o Relation.o Road.o FeatureManipulations.o TrackPoint.o TrackSegment.o MapView.o CreateAreaInteraction.o CreateDoubleWayInteraction.o CreateNodeInteraction.o CreateSingleWayInteraction.o CreateRoundaboutInteraction.o CreatePolygonInteraction.o EditInteraction.o Interaction.o MoveTrackPointInteraction.o RotateInteraction.o ZoomInteraction.o EditPaintStyle.o PaintStyle.o PaintStyleEditor.o TagSelector.o DirtyList.o SyncOSM.o Main.o MainWindow.o TagModel.o LayerWidget.o ShortcutOverrideFilter.o SlippyMapWidget.o EditCompleterDelegate.o PictureViewerDialog.o PixmapWidget.o SelectionDialog.o SvgCache.o MDiscardableDialog.o MerkaartorPreferences.o PreferencesDialog.o WMSPreferencesDialog.o TMSPreferencesDialog.o ProjectionsList.o WmsServersList.o TmsServersList.o BookmarksList.o GotoDialog.o geocent.o IImageManager.o imagemanager.o mapadapter.o mapnetwork.o wmsmapadapter.o tilemapadapter.o IImportExport.o ImportNMEA.o ExportGPX.o ImportExportKML.o ImportExportOsmBin.o NativeRenderDialog.o qextserialbase.o qextserialport.o posix_qextserialport.o qgps.o qgpssatellitetracker.o qgpsdevice.o SatelliteStrengthView.o RegionMapWidget.o WorldOsbManager.o ActionsDialog.o TagTemplate.o xmlstreamreader.o httpquery.o namefindertablemodel.o namefinderwidget.o moc_browserimagemanager.o moc_LayerDock.o moc_PropertiesDock.o moc_InfoDock.o moc_StyleDock.o moc_DirtyDock.o moc_FeaturesDock.o moc_CreateAreaInteraction.o moc_CreateDoubleWayInteraction.o moc_CreateRoundaboutInteraction.o moc_CreatePolygonInteraction.o moc_CreateSingleWayInteraction.o moc_EditInteraction.o moc_Interaction.o moc_LayerWidget.o moc_MainWindow.o moc_DownloadOSM.o moc_MapDocument.o moc_MapLayer.o moc_ImageMapLayer.o moc_MapFeature.o moc_Relation.o moc_Road.o moc_TrackPoint.o moc_TrackSegment.o moc_MapView.o moc_PaintStyleEditor.o moc_DirtyList.o moc_TagModel.o moc_MerkaartorPreferences.o moc_PreferencesDialog.o moc_WMSPreferencesDialog.o moc_TMSPreferencesDialog.o moc_ShortcutOverrideFilter.o moc_SlippyMapWidget.o moc_EditCompleterDelegate.o moc_PictureViewerDialog.o moc_PixmapWidget.o moc_SelectionDialog.o moc_MDiscardableDialog.o moc_GotoDialog.o moc_imagemanager.o moc_mapadapter.o moc_mapnetwork.o moc_NativeRenderDialog.o moc_qgps.o moc_qgpssatellitetracker.o moc_qgpsdevice.o moc_SatelliteStrengthView.o moc_RegionMapWidget.o moc_WorldOsbManager.o moc_ActionsDialog.o moc_TagTemplate.o moc_httpquery.o moc_namefindertablemodel.o moc_namefinderwidget.o qrc_AllIcons.o qrc_Utils.o qrc_share.o qrc_Templates.o   -F/Library/Frameworks -L/Library/Frameworks -framework QtWebKit -framework phonon -framework QtXmlPatterns -framework QtSvg -framework QtXml -framework QtGui -framework QtNetwork -framework QtCore
Undefined symbols:
  "_inflateEnd", referenced from:
      gzipDecode(QByteArray const&) in DownloadOSM.o
      gzipDecode(QByteArray const&) in DownloadOSM.o
      gzipDecode(QByteArray const&) in DownloadOSM.o
      gzipDecode(QByteArray const&) in DownloadOSM.o
  "_inflateInit2_", referenced from:
      gzipDecode(QByteArray const&) in DownloadOSM.o
  "_inflate", referenced from:
      gzipDecode(QByteArray const&) in DownloadOSM.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../binaries/bin/merkaartor.app/Contents/MacOS/merkaartor] Error 1
make: *** [sub-src-make_default] Error 2
shaun-mcdonalds-imac:merkaartor-0.14 shaunmcdonald$