[Merkaartor] Feedback (or: why I refuse to update from 0.13.2)

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Thu Dec 10 03:47:26 GMT 2009

Done and commited.

Tell me if you think it is better.

IMHO, there is a trade-off between speed when panning and the Yahho
copyright on each tile (which I don't think we can legally remove although
there might be an api call for this...). But indeed, being able to cache
tile, even if only in memory (again due to legal reason) speeds up things.

There might be a zoom problem related to your "Tiles were sharper" remark,
but I don't notice it.
If you think there is a problem, please be more specific; include a BBOX and
compare with the maps.yahoo.com site to pinpoint a potential problem.

- Chris -