[Merkaartor] Problems with install on OSX

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Sun Dec 20 11:10:44 GMT 2009

On 7 Dec 2009, at 12:45, Chris Browet wrote:

> As you have surely noticed, It has been quiet on the merkaartor side recently.
> Feedback is always is a great reward in itself however, so I'll work on those...
>

> Is there any chance of being able to easily add nodes to a segment of a way in move mode, similar to JOSM?
>
> Due to popular request (i.e. 3+ ;-) ), I'll implement this.
>
> The upload auto generated comment is information that you can work out any way from the changeset meta info. It also doesn't remember the last string entered by the user.
>
> I know. Honestly, the whole puropose of auto-generated comments on my side is... to not enter comments. I just hate it. If you propose a logic fitting your needs while allowing me to just bypass the comment thing without an additional click, I'll implement it.

I'd recommend either using some major place name or leaving it blank. Know where you have been editing is more useful that the other info that can be deduced a lot easier automatically. You could do a reverse geocode to http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim

> When you get a 401 Unauthorized, ask the user for their username and password rather than just giving an error message. How about a test button in the preferences?
>
> You mean in the case of typos in the u/p fields? Ok.

Yes.

> After an upload I get the message:
> "It is strongly recommended to save the changes to your document after an upload.
> Do you want to do this now?"
> Why is the default button now, when yes is recommended?
>
> Err.. Indeed...

:-)

Unfortunately I been pretty busy, hence not replied sooner.

Shaun