[Merkaartor] Translations

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sun Feb 8 10:02:46 GMT 2009

Hello,

as the translations have been brought up in another thread I wanted to
inform you, that the translations directory now contains a way to convert
the translations into .po format and back. This allows to use the gettext
based tools for translations and especially Launchpad. Now my only problem
is, that the owner of the merkaartor project of Launchpad does not get the
stuff uploaded. Advantage of launchpad will be that more people care for
translations. JOSM f.e. has inbetween 12 complete and 8 translations with
main strings translated (of 2600 strings, so it is a bit more :-)

Also keeping text in sync with JOSM or other tools is probably easier, as
the text suggestions work across different projects.

Ciao