[Merkaartor] Translations

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Sat Feb 21 20:41:53 GMT 2009

On 21.02.2009 20:51 CE(S)T, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Yves Goergen wrote:
>> Why does the font of the translation strings sometimes change from
>> normal to monospace (fixed width) and maybe bold and then back again in
>> the middle of the string? Especially with spaces you cannot tell whether
>> there's a single or two spaces. This looks ugly and is contraproductive.
>
> The bold is probably a misdetection of format strings. I think the
> "qt-format" did not make it through to Launchpad and it still assumes
> c-format strings.

Example:

...dass das Osmarender-Stylesheet in '%1' verfügbar...
normal font until here --------------^
normal font again here ---------------------^

In case of formatting problems, the bold part is this:

%1' ve

(The space looks like two spaces...)

I cannot see any relations to the C language or its printf function
here, it just looks plain stupid. (Forwarding this as a bug report to
Launchpad)