[Merkaartor] Translations

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Feb 21 22:05:23 GMT 2009

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009, Yves Goergen wrote:

> Also, using Linguist and using Launchpad really are incompatible,
> otherwise you wouldn't need to write an adapter for them. They are now

The adapter is only for the file formats. Not for the concepts. The
gettext tools also can create .po files directly from source and build the
.qm's. I didn't want to make such a radical change. We can do this later
or switch completely to gettext

> ridiculous to me. (Attention: personal opinion!) If gettext is so much
> better (does it support the Polish version of plurals, BTW? - Not that
> Qt would support it... [1]), then IMHO the reasonable way to go is

Qt does not? Sure? gettext does support as much different plural forms as
the languages have. I think 7 is the maximum for existing languages.

Ciao