[Merkaartor] Patch: Show current interaction mode (was: Something about Interaction/Interaction.h)

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Sat Jan 3 16:56:14 GMT 2009

On 03.01.2009 00:45 CE(S)T, Yves Goergen wrote:
> Is there a chance that Interaction.h could be split up (...)

Nevermind. I've found out that it's possible to announce a class without
declaring it. This is done throughout the code, so header files seem to
be code files in other places in the code, too...

So here's my second patch to Merkaartor. First, it adds three new
toolbar buttons from the menu: create node, road and area. (The icons
are from the OSM Wiki.) This is only to improve the effect and use of
the patch. Second, it always highlights (Qt: "checks") the button for
the interaction that's currently active: Select, Move, Create node/road/
area. This way, you can always and quickly see in what edit mode the
application is. This wouldn't actually be necessary, but I think it
improves the user interaction and makes things a bit more user friendly.

There's one thing about the .ui file: My Qt Designer seems to format the
XML file in a different style and tends to sort elements differently, so
diff was a bit helpless and traced many more changes than there actually
are. My file compare utility only shows changes WRT the XML syntax, but
unfortunately it cannot generate diff files. I've included the full new
file so you can compare it for yourself.

Have fun with it, more to come... (I hope)