[Merkaartor] GOOGLE_ILLEGAL Background image adapter

Aleksandar aleksandar.topuzovic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:21:24 GMT 2009

Hi,

Browsing trough the code I found some GOOGLE_ILLEGAL defines regarding the
use of google maps adapter for background images and decided to check it
out. At first I checked the repository of the QMapControl project which had
an adapter for direct download of tiles from the google map server but it
didn't work so I have created a new version of the adapter derived from the
yahoolegal adapter, actually all work is done in the file called gmap.html
and GoogleSatMapAdapter is the exact copy of YahooLegalMapAdapter. The
adpater displays sattelite imagery. This adapter should not be used for
creating maps (due to licensing, copyright etc.), but I think that it can be
used to check your loaded GPS traces, see how much mapping you have done
etc.

Best regards
Aleksandar