[Merkaartor] Select with Tab key: Moving does not work then

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Sat Jan 17 14:09:07 GMT 2009

On 16.01.2009 17:06 CE(S)T, Yves Goergen wrote:
> Hmm, I've just tried it out and after pressing Tab once, nothing
> happened. After some more times, Merkaartor crashed.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create two roads that are connected in one node
2. Break apart roads
3. Select one of the two new nodes
4. Switch to Move tool
5. Press Tab onr or a few times
-> crash

Workaround:
Do not press Tab in Move mode, always switch to Select mode. Pressing
Tab does not crash then.

> I was curious if the 'old' Move mode would only move the selected node
> or if it would again move whatever it gets to grab.

Yes it does.

>>> Also, selecting nearby objects with the Tab key seems like a random
>>> selection to me. I haven't investigated this further yet. It's just what
>>> I felt when testing what I've written about in the Merkaartor
>>> documentation.
>> What do you feel is random? The order the features are selected into? The
>> features which are selected?
>
> The order of selection.

In the scenario above, I selected one node.
* Pressing Tab, nothing happened.
* Pressing Tab again, a road was selected.
* Pressing Tab again, the other road was selected.
* Pressing Tab again, a node was selected.
* Pressing Tab again, the other node was selected.
(now it's repeating)

Expected behaviour:
Select the other node at the same place *first*, not in the end.