[Merkaartor] How to remove way_4539895?

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Mon Jan 19 00:43:15 GMT 2009

Hi Chris,

I know this may seem to be a little brunt in places, however there
seems to be some misconceptions in the way that the data needs to be
edited.

Don't get rid of the relations that are downloaded through the map
call if the whole relation hasn't been downloaded. You should be able
download the rest of a single relation, without needing to download
everything of every relation in the bbox.

It is more important to warn the user when they are editing in an area
where they have not downloaded any data for yet.

You can edit a small part of the relation, without downloading the
whole relation, and upload without any problems, as long as no-one has
edited that relation or deleted any of the items that it references,
there isn't a problem. This will become easier to determine in API 0.6
with the version numbers being exposed.

I hope this helps.

Shaun