[Merkaartor] Strange blurry background images

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Wed Jul 1 20:34:18 BST 2009

Has something changed in the way background images like from Yahoo are
displayed since a few months ago? Now I can see the following
differences in behaviour:

* The map is generally blurry and unsharp, it looks like upscaled from a
smaller size to fill the editor viewport. The red Yahoo logo in the
bottom right corner and the other copyright text confirm this suspicion.

* While the background image is being loaded, it is drawn at a wrong
position when I scroll the editor viewport at the same time. It only
appears at the correct position when it has finished loading. Meanwhile,
what is displayed does no longer match the feature vectors in front.

* The status bar says something like "tile 2/12" but it stops after it
has loaded this one tile. The map appears at once and not in several
tile parts as earlier. And it takes a lot longer to download, at least
it feels so.

The first two points really feel like a step backwards. Can the previous
behaviour be restored in some way?