[Merkaartor] segfault in today's trunk

Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net
Thu Jul 2 23:22:17 BST 2009

Worked fine yesterday, but I updated from SVN today, and I get

/--------
| Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
| [Switching to Thread 0x7fcc65d08760 (LWP 5746)]
| 0x0000000000623870 in MainWindow::importFiles (this=0x7fff2e1bfca0, mapDocument=0x2154ec0, fileNames=@0x7fff2e1bfaf0, importedFileNames=0x7fff2e1bfab0)
|     at MainWindow.cpp:919
| 919                             newLayer->reIndex();
| (gdb) bt
| #0  0x0000000000623870 in MainWindow::importFiles (this=0x7fff2e1bfca0, mapDocument=0x2154ec0, fileNames=@0x7fff2e1bfaf0, importedFileNames=0x7fff2e1bfab0)
|     at MainWindow.cpp:919
| #1  0x0000000000624431 in MainWindow::loadFiles (this=0x7fff2e1bfca0, fileList=@0x7fff2e1c02a0) at MainWindow.cpp:986
| #2  0x000000000060e680 in main (argc=3, argv=0x7fff2e1c0808) at Main.cpp:184
\--------

as soon as I try to open a couple of GPX files.  This was the first
action since starting merkaartor; exactly the same thing happens if I
specify the files as arguments; also if I download some OSM data first
then try opening one of the files.

Any ideas?  The program is pretty much unusable as is.  :-(