[Merkaartor] Tag templates freaking out

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Fri Jul 10 19:23:00 BST 2009

Not that I would use tag templates, actually I'm thinking about whether
I'll put them away entirely in my configuration. But if you do use them,
you better not select something from the dropdown list right now...

Steps to reproduce:
* Select some road or node on the map
* Choose "Place of Worship" or "Catholic Church" from the unnamed
dropdown list in the Tags dock window

Expected results:
* The predefined tag entries right down of the dropdown list are
replaced to whatever is defined for that case

Actual result:
* Multiple blocks are displayed, all the same, consisting of a divider
line, the dropdown list and all defined tags. They all appear several
times below each other. I haven't found a scheme behind the number of
times they appear.
* Sometimes, depending on in which instance of the dropdown list you
select another item, you even get several blocks with different contents.
* As I'm playing around with it, the height of the dock window has
extended to the bottom of my screen, kicking out other docks there.

BTW, is there a way to disable tag templates entirely? Just selecting
"Custom" and not entering a file name leads to an error message but
otherwise seems to work.