[Merkaartor] yahoo adapter quirky

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Jul 11 12:57:27 BST 2009

Hi Daniel,

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009, Daniel van Gerpen wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 12:04:05 +0200 (CEST)
> Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Chris Browet wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > just a stupid question: how do I activate the Yahoo layer
> > with current svn? Somehow I can't find it as in previous
> > versions... ;-(
>
> Did you do a "sudo make install"? Perhaps it can't find the plugin.

Well, I install merkaartor to a separate place than the system, via
qmake PREFIX=~/NBB/SOFTWARE/Merkaartor/ Merkaartor.pro
Then ~/NBB/SOFTWARE/Merkaartor/lib/merkaartor/plugins/background/
contains libMYahooBackgroundPlugin.so .
I have added that path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH .
So maybe it is recognized properly, but I don't know how/where
to activate it?
(As it was obvious in the past, it is not unlikely that
something is not yet right; also I could just be blind ... ;-)

Thanks a lot, Arnd