[Merkaartor] yahoo adapter quirky

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat Jul 11 14:05:53 BST 2009

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 14:10:40 +0200, Chris Browet wrote:
> It could be that Qt has a problem with "~". Try using absolute paths to see if
> it solves the problem...

Bash has no problem expanding VARIABLE=~/path, but tcsh does:

barsnick at sunshine:~ > echo qmake PREFIX=~/NBB/SOFTWARE/Merkaartor/ Merkaartor.pro
qmake PREFIX=/home/barsnick/NBB/SOFTWARE/Merkaartor/ Merkaartor.pro
barsnick at sunshine:~ > tcsh -l
[barsnick at sunshine ~]$ echo qmake PREFIX=~/NBB/SOFTWARE/Merkaartor/ Merkaartor.pro
qmake PREFIX=~/NBB/SOFTWARE/Merkaartor/ Merkaartor.pro

In the latter case, my guess would be that qmake also does not expand
it. OTOH, if make install worked, it should be okay for the plugins as
well.

Just my €0.02,
Moritz