[Merkaartor] Crash in SVN build

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Sat Jul 11 22:08:11 BST 2009

On 11.07.2009 22:20 CE(S)T, Chris Browet wrote:
> I advice you to use Qt Creator to build your windows exec. You can
> create debug exe and run them under gdb...

Tried it out now. Well, I don't know how exactly I am supposed to load
the Merkaartor project into Creator, but I think I somehow managed to do
something that looks good. I can start-debug the programme, but in
Creator, it doesn't crash and doesn't run either. I see the splash
screen, then nothing happens. When I switch back to the Creator window,
it says "stopped signal-received". No source view. The stack trace
points to QtCore4.dll.

Qt 4.5.2
Qt Creator 1.2.0
Gdb debugger
Windows XP SP3 de (VMware)

I'm now removing all Qt stuff from my host system and install that new
Qt SDK (incl. Creator).