[Merkaartor] problems running merkaartor

Kai Stuke kai.stuke at gmx.de
Wed Jun 10 19:58:48 BST 2009

I'm trying to run merkaartor on a openSuSE 11.1 system, but failed so far.

First I tried a precompiled version in the openSuSE GEO repository.
It starts up okay but is practically unusable. It's not possible to load GPX
files or to download OSM data, even the basic GUI behaves in very strange
ways.

I then tried to compile from source, using the latest svn version.
It starts up with this message
****  "2009-06-10T20:38:37"  -- Starting  "Merkaartor 0.14-svn
"
couldn't create image from  ""

and then behaves even stranger. E.g. just by moving the mouse without pressing
a button the docked windows start changing their size.

I suspect that something is basically wrong with my Qt installation, but I've
no idea what.
I have Qt 4.4.3 from the openSuSE repositories installed.

Any ideas what might be wrong.

Regards,

Kai