[Merkaartor] problems w/ some WMS-Servers

kannix test at grade.de
Sun Mar 1 12:56:06 GMT 2009

Chris Browet schrieb:

>     Getting closer, reverse engineering requests, I found out
>     - JOSM ask for a 45 deg azimuth bbox
>     - Merkaartor ask for approx. 26 deg azimuth bbox
>

> I'm no geographer, but if I understand you, there should be some minimal
> latitude span, right?
> I noticed the tiles are stitching correctly, longitude-wise.

I do not know much about this, either :-(

To me, it looks like 2nd (upper-right) coordinate should have 45°
azimuth offset from lower-left coordinate.

JOSM requests seem to always use this. Projection (called EPSG:4326,
Mercator,...) is adjusted by width and hight of requested tiles.

Have a nice day, Dirk