[Merkaartor] Assorted bugs

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Mon Mar 2 21:21:31 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have just managed to get the support for
geolocalized images working
(via: `qmake GEOIMAGE=1    Merkaartor.pro`)
and also came across a few related things:

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Yves Goergen wrote:

[...]

> Readonly layers are asked to be made writeable when loading geotagged
> images to them (rev 13943): This is not acceptable actually, sorry. I'm
> glad we now have read-only layers and track layers are read-only by
> default (at option), but when I want to load my photos into it, I need
> to make it writeable again. Why that? Can't the photos be added to a
> read-only layer? Or at least can't the layer be made read-only again
> after loading the photos? And could that new warning message please go
> away then?

What about just adding a new layer (eg. named "GeoImages" etc.)
when loading geotagged images?

Somehow related to the previous point:
It would be nice, if the images could be specified on the commandline, eg.
  merkaartor *.gpx *.jpg
Currently, one gets the error message:
"No suitable layer found. Please first download data from OSM server
or open a track".

Actually, I don't think that this should be really necessary at all:
namely, even just loading images should be allowed
so that one then could download a corresponding region.

One more question:
Is there a way to go from one image to the next image
by some keyboard short-cut (eg. PageDown/PageUp, maybe with
some modifier, for next/previous image)?
(Images should be ordered according to time).

Thanks a lot, Arnd