[Merkaartor] small issue(?) with the info window

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Mar 4 10:33:17 GMT 2009

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Yves Goergen wrote:

> On 03.03.2009 08:20 CE(S)T, Arnd Baecker wrote:
> > However, if one leaves the map window, it may
> > happen that the last highlighted object is still highlighted.
>
> Yes, I also noticed that a few times. It looks like the old problem
> "mouse is out of map control so nothing is changed" together with "mouse
> was seen on an object last so that object is highlighted".
>
> > I would suggest, that whenever the map area is left,
> > no object should be highlighted.
>
> Is there some MouseOut event in Qt that would fire whenever the mouse is
> moving out of the map control, into the rest of the window or even out
> of the window? That would be a good place to clean up any highlighting.

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qwidget.html#leaveEvent
might do the job (also exists in previous versions of Qt).
However, as I don't know the merkaartor code base at all,
I cannot provide a patch ...

Actually, this might not be a small issue as I thought initially;
it seems that because of this I thought that a selected
object was not part of any relation and then completely
screwed that one up (well, but that's a different one ...)

Best, Arnd