[Merkaartor] Assorted bugs

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Mar 4 11:42:29 GMT 2009

Hi Timo,

thanks a lot for your work on the geotagged images -
it is very much appreciated!!

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, [ISO-8859-1] Timo Schlüßler wrote:

> Having an extra layer for images will raise some new problems: when
> existing nodes and so it will happen that there are two nodes at the
> same place, one in the new image layer and one in the track layer.
> originally the layer selection was meant to say which timestamps should
> be compared to the image file timestamps to find out where the image was
> taken.
> it would be a nice idea to have an extra imagelayer for images
> containing position data in their exif-headers, but I (at least) think
> not really for images without these informations.

Ah, I see - I just had the case in mind, that
all the images are already geotagged.

> If I can find some time I will (try to) add a feature to select the
> next/previous trackpoint containing an image.

Works very nice! Thanks a lot.
There is only the issue, that the ordering according
to time is not respected.
I debugged this a little bit, and it was a combination of
two small issues, which seem to work fine with the
attached patch, which just changes two lines in GeoImageDock.cpp:

-                       if (latS.isEmpty() || lonS.isEmpty()) {
+                       if (!latS.isEmpty() && !lonS.isEmpty()) {
and
-                       usedTrackPoints << TrackPointData(Pt->id(), file, QFileInfo(file).created(), it == end);
+                       usedTrackPoints << TrackPointData(Pt->id(), file, time, it == end);

Best, Arnd