[Merkaartor] Crash when closing a layer

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Fri Mar 6 16:19:29 GMT 2009

> Debug builds don't seem to help anything for debugging. I have selected
> to open a new Visual Studio instance to debug, but there still wasn't
> any source code or resolved symbols. So I'm afraid you'll have to debug
> this yourself... :(
>
> If it was possible somehow I'd still suggest using anything managed that
> can provide a readable stacktrace. C++ just isn't up-to-date anymore in
> this...

Yves,

RC4 is a debug build, with the shortcut launching Merkaartor under the GDB
debugger and generating stacktraces automatically. Do you need more?

Sorry to say, but C++ is very much debuggable, you just have to know how.
Trying to debug MinGW compiled binaries under MSVC is one of the thing that
won't work, though...

How do you compile Merkaartor in "Debug"?

P.S. If you don't know, I'm allergic to all "managed" code, which is a
synonym for me of "bloated" and "slow-as-hell", so don't expect anything
java or .NET from me. That's why I'm working on Merkaartor rather than
enhancing JOSM...

- Chris -