[Merkaartor] Track logs disappearing on zoom out, and window size

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Thu Mar 19 16:59:02 GMT 2009

Chris Browet writes:
> Are you also experiencing the same issue as
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/merkaartor/2009-March/001469.html

I saw that message but I didn't understand it (I've never seen
arrows, just dots and dashed lines) so I don't know if I'm seeing
the problem or not. But I tried setting "Don't connect GPX
nodes..." to 99 and it didn't help with seeing the tracks.

But it seems to be very dependent on past user preferences. Now
that I've traced that tracklog and uploaded it, when I go back, I
see data there at all zoom levels (though I think I may be seeing
the OSM roads I created, not the GPS track, since it's not dotted
and it has different colors for each differently-named trail).

If I rename ~/.config/BartVanhauwaert so I'm starting from
a blank slate (and I get the "Could not load the selected language"
warning that someone else reported, at every startup plus every
time I change a preference), I don't see the track at all, at
any zoom level, and setting "Don't connect GPX nodes..." to 99
doesn't help.

If I turn on "automatically extract track logs on open", I can
see what appears to be OSM data near that particular track (it's
not just the GPX tracklog -- differently named trails are colored
differently) and if I open a different GPX file that I haven't
traced in merkaartor, again I see no tracks at all.

> On the other way, if you never want to see the track segments, disable them
> in "View - Show track segments"

Sorry, where is that? I don't see it in the Data tab.

After trying the above (with my SVN build from Sunday, 15 March)
I updated svn, but it didn't build for me:

ImportExport/ImportExportSHP.cpp:17:25: error: ogrsf_frmts.h: No such file or directory

ogrsf_frmts.h is in package libgdal1-dev on Intrepid, which
pulled in  additional packages
  libgeos-dev libhdf4g-dev libhdf5-serial-dev libjasper-dev
  libmysqlclient15-dev libnetcdf-dev libodbcinstq1c2 libsqlite3-dev
  libxerces-c2-dev unixodbc-dev

Wow, a lot of new dependencies! But it didn't fix the problem anyway
-- it still didn't find ogrsf_frmts.h. I changed line 17 of
ImportExport/ImportExportSHP.cpp from

#include "ogrsf_frmts.h"

#include <gdal/ogrsf_frmts.h>

but then I hit another problem on loading:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdal

I have libgdal1-1.5.0 and libgdal1-dev installed, which provide -lgdal1:
libgdal1-1.5.0: /usr/lib/libgdal1.5.0.so.1
libgdal1-1.5.0: /usr/lib/libgdal1.5.0.so.1.12.2
libgdal1-dev: /usr/lib/libgdal1.5.0.a
libgdal1-dev: /usr/lib/libgdal1.5.0.la
libgdal1-dev: /usr/lib/libgdal1.5.0.so

but there's no straight libgdal. Has anyone built the latest
SVN yet on Ubuntu 8.10? Where should -libgdal come from?

apt-file search libgdal.so found this:
libogdi3.2: /usr/lib/ogdi/libgdal.so
but that looks like it might be specialized ...
is libogdi3.2 the one I should be using for gdal now?

> Assuming you cannot resize nor go maximized, could please retry after
> removing the "[MainWindow]" section in your
> "~/.config/BartVanhauwaert/Merkaartor.conf"

Yes! This solved my window size problem -- thanks.
An earlier version had written:

InitialPosition=446142161, -1453363199, 446344504, -1453106943
Position=@Point(35 10)
Size=@Size(1543 1118)

Sorry for such a long message!

	...Akkana