[Merkaartor] SVN snapshots and other packaging issues

Bernd Zeimetz bernd at bzed.de
Mon May 4 12:55:38 BST 2009

Hi,

as some people probably know I'm the maintainer of the Debian package of
Merkaartor. At the moment I'm facing the problem, that packaging svn snapshots
of Merkaartor for Debian/experimental became pretty hard as the content of the
released tarball differs very much from the content in the svn repository. This
wouldn't be such a big problem if there would be at least a described way how to
reproduce the tarball from svn. Or - if there would be a way to find out which
revision was used to create a release so I'd be able to use the whole svn
checkout always instead of using the released tarball.

Removing the debian directory form the released tarball would be good to have
for me, too, so I don't need to do it. debian directories should not be in
upstream tarballs as it leads to confusion. The debian directory should be
shipped by the .diff.gz in Debian only.

Thanks and best regards,

Bernd

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79