[Merkaartor] how to use the GEOIMAGE feature

Guido Arnold watsolldat at googlemail.com
Fri May 8 18:58:22 BST 2009

Hello,

I am very interested in using the geoimage feature in merkaartor, but
couldn't find much info on that in the wiki [0]

using the latest snapshot (Revision 14971) of merkaartor-0.13-fixes
I do get a working binary and I can see the
 sudo apt-get install exiv2
 svn co http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/merkaartor/
 cd merkaartor
 make clean
 qmake-qt4 Merkaartor.pro GEOIMAGE=1 # Qt version 4.3.4
 make

and found a working binary which shows me version 0.14-svn . But what
do I need to do next?

I went through the menu, but couldn't find something to "import"
images or activate a image dock.