[Merkaartor] Custom TMS servers with merkaartor

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Sat Apr 17 14:16:19 BST 2010

> So, apparently I have some major misunderstanding of what gdal2tiles is
> doing,
> or there's some odd bug (with workaround in Javascript?) somewhere with the
> OpenLayers example. I'll check with them. Thanks for the help!
>
> No, looking at the "official" TMS specifications (
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Tile_Map_Service_Specification), I would say that
gdal2tiles does its job right.

It's just that Merkaartor's TMS implementation follows the OSM slippy map
standard of having the (0, 0) tile top-left rather than bottom-left, which
is apparently wrong.

I'll look into implementing the actual TMS standard in Merkaartor.

Regards
- Chris -