[Merkaartor] Merge layers or working with shape files

Samat K Jain lists at samat.org
Fri Aug 13 06:35:58 BST 2010

On Thursday, August 12, 2010 06:40:54 pm, Chris Browet wrote:
> > * Or how to upload the treated ways from the shape file layer to OSM? (the
> > layer is blue with red stripes)
> >
> When I click on a way with the right hand button of the mose -> Features ->
> Force upload

I found this out the hard way—that said I'm not sure how to make it more intuitive (a message displayed when importing shapefiles)?

One problem I encountered and wanted to bring up: some parts of shapefiles are represented with multiple segments. When individually selecting each for upload, it's easy to miss one. It'd be useful if there was a visual indicator letting you know that a feature had been forced-uploaded, or, more generally, has been edited from the previous download.

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
-- Douglas Adams (67)