[Merkaartor] Wallonie PPNC wms

Rémi Letot hobbes at poukram.net
Thu Aug 19 17:18:24 BST 2010

Hello,

I'm a new contributor to OSM and new user of merkaartor, and I noticed
that it's possible to get satellite images of my region in merkaartor
using the "Wallonie PPNC" wms.

My question is simple: can I legally and technically use these images as
basis for contributing to OSM ?

* legally: are these images free ?

* technically: are they placed precisely enough on my display to serve
  as canvas for my editing needs ?

There are many errors and omissions in my region that I could correct,
but I don't own a gps unit... And even if I did, using satellite images
is immensely faster and more convenient in most cases :-) Of course I
know that they are outdated, and that some places have changed quite a
bit, but still they could provide a very good basis if one could use
them.

Thanks,
--
Rémi