[Merkaartor] Editing of areas broken?

James Hogan james at albanarts.com
Sun Dec 5 14:43:51 GMT 2010

Hi Manuel,

On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 11:12:05AM +0100, Manuel Reimer wrote:
> - "Join Area" and "Split Area" doesn't work for me at all. How is
> this used? I tried to select two points of an Area but the buttons
> keep grayed out.

To join two areas, just make sure that they are actually adjacent (they
must share a sequence of two or more nodes), then select both areas, and
the button should become enabled. I just checked the latest git and join
seems to be broken. I'll look into it this afternoon.

To split two areas, you need to select the area and the two points you
want to split between, then the button should become enabled. This
actually crashes at the moment if the area has any tags, but there's a
fix ready to be merged
(http://www.gitorious.org/merkaartor/main/merge_requests/29).

Hope that helps

Cheers