[Merkaartor] 0.17-rc4 is online

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Mon Dec 13 15:00:41 GMT 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 15:44, Bernd Zeimetz <bernd at bzed.de> wrote:

> On 12/13/2010 02:11 PM, Chris Browet wrote:
>
> > Did you update your tags? I specifically redid the source package and
> > updated the tag on Saturday 20:01 because of this forgotten file...
>
> Updating tags doesn't happen automatically usually. That's why they're
> called
> tags - they're not supposed to be changed again...
>
> My workflow is:
- tag
- create source package based on tag
- build windows binaries based on source package
- upload

In this workflow, I can only detect packaging problems during Windows build,
thus after tagging.
I guess you just happened to have done a "git fetch --tags" just after the
first tagging, before I corrected git, re-tagged and re-build the source
package.
OTOH, I learned my lesson and all this happened before uploading
and announcing, otherwise I would have bumped the version ;-)

- Chris -