[Merkaartor] Background Image alignment

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 14:41:19 GMT 2010

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Chris Browet <cbro at semperpax.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 15:22, Eugene Alvin Villar <seav80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm, is there a way to enter the offset into a form instead of
>> dragging? And could this offsetting be compatible with JOSM? It would
>> be if multiple contributors can share offset values even if they use
>> JOSM or Merkaartor. :-)
>>
> No form, yet.
> And what would be the JOSM-compatible offset values?
> - Chris -

I haven't personally used the imagery offset feature of JOSM, but a
fellow mapper told our mailing list that the offset for one particular
place is in eastings and northings, whatever that means:

Easting: -5.00000E-7
Northing: -5.00000E-7

It seems that this is an absolute value setting irrespective of zoom
level and I am not sure if these are based on a projection or not.

It would be nice if I can plug those values above into Merkaartor, but
I think we need to know how JOSM exactly uses those values.