[Merkaartor] satellite photo sources

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Mon Dec 20 01:50:45 GMT 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 02:40, Richard Lyons <richard at the-place.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 01:44:25AM +0100, Chris Browet wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 01:30, Richard Lyons <richard at the-place.net>
> wrote:

> > > plugins.
> > >
> > > That results in
> > > Reading /usr/local/merkaartor/0.17-rc5/src/src.pro
> > > fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount parent )
> > > Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not
> set).
> > > Reading /usr/local/merkaartor/0.17-rc5/plugins/plugins.pro
> > >  Reading /usr/local/merkaartor/0.17-rc5/plugins/background/
> background.pro
> > >  Reading
> > >
> /usr/local/merkaartor/0.17-rc5/plugins/background/MYahooTiledBackground/MYahooTiledBackground.pro
> > > fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount parent )
> > > Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not
> set).
> > > ...and another 7 similar instances...
> > >
> > > So I suppose I have either to check out the git version or wait for it
> > > be
> > > packaged.
> > >

> > Those are not fatal errors. You can still "make" the project. Add
> > "VERSION=0.17 REVISION=-rc5" to make them disappear.
>
> Goodness! they looked fatal. That addition did not make them disappear, but

Mmm.. Indeed. "RELEASE=1 NODEBUG=1" would make them disappear, but then you
end up with a release version. While it is ok in the case of the RCs, it is
not advisable if you compile from git.

I went ahead with "make" and got a usable executable.  But still no sign of
> Yahoo or bing in the map menu.

And you should "make install", too, for the plugins and translations to be
installed in the proper place for Merkaartor to find them...