[Merkaartor] line styles for drafting

Richard Lyons richard at the-place.net
Wed Dec 22 10:54:09 GMT 2010

As a newcomer to merkaartor, I have perhaps missed some useful manual pages,
but there are a few things I don't see how to approach. Here are two:

 1. When plotting a road, each node is marked with a blue square, which
    remains very clear.  The linking segments are only marked by a thin
    black line that is invisible when the background image is dark.  How can
    one alter the style of the connecting line?  Making it red or yellow and
    perhaps thicker would aid alignment when plotting small roads through
    forest, for example.

 2. Outlining a settlement with an irregular polygon is easy enough when the
    settlement is dense, but when it comprises scattered houses it would be
    better to place a simple envelope in an invisible line so that the name
    of the settlement can appear but not the arbitrary and meaningless
    outline.  This applies to other types of feature too.  How is an
    invisible line style applied?

TIA

richard