[Merkaartor] Finding an error

Samat K Jain lists at samat.org
Fri Jul 2 06:24:18 BST 2010

On Thursday, July 01, 2010 06:41:59 pm, James Ewen wrote:
> Is there a way to find out what is causing an error in the upload process?
>
> I've done some editing, and in the process of uploading my changes, I
> get an error message.
>
> There was an error uploading this request (503)
> " "
> Please redownload the problematic feature to handle the conflict.
>

> Well, it's a little hard to redownload a problematic feature if you
> have no idea what it is.
> I downloaded all the data for the full area again, and still have the error.
>
> Yesterday I had a problem with an upload but it at least told me which
> node was a problem. I had to use Potlatch to find the node though. I
> could not find a way to pinpoint the node in Merkaartor.
>
> Anyone know how to proceed? Can I remove just the problematic node/way
> and upload the rest of my work, or am I screwed?

I don't know how to do this with Merkaartor, but you may not be screwed.

What sometimes helps when this happens: use Merkaartor to save an *.osc (OSMChange) file, and then use the upload.py command-line utility:

  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Upload.py

This script is sometimes a little bit more verbose than Merkaartor, and you can also edit the OSMChange file to remove problematic changes.

Regards,
Samat

--
Samat K Jain <http://samat.org/> | GPG: 0x4A456FBA

Adults are just obsolete children, and too hell with them.
-- Theodor Seuss Geisel (Dr. Seuss) (362)