[Merkaartor] Possible fix for recurring post upload crash

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Sun Jun 6 15:29:38 BST 2010

They are indeed cached in memory first, but the cache is set conservatively
at 20Mb and not meant as a full blown cache.

This is a Qt cache and I think it stores the deflated pixmaps, i.e. while a
256x256x32 png only takes ~100k, the deflated one is ~2Mb, so not many tiles
can be held in there...

If you (or someone else) think it is worth expanding the concept of memory
caching, you are welcome to open an enhancement ticket.

- Chris -