[Merkaartor] Making Merkaartor "Portable"

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Wed Jun 9 19:33:59 BST 2010

Merkaartor is not designed (so far) to be a "portable" application but it
would actually be very easy to implement.
With Qt magic, I could make it portable, by instance, by adding a specific
"-portable" command-line option.

By default, where the settings are saved is platform-depended (and indeed
the registry on windows) but that can be overridden by forcing the format
(e.g. ini file) and the locations (e.g. the application directory).

Could you open a ticket with this suggestion, please. That could be
implemented in a 0.16.1.

- Chris -