[Merkaartor] WMS server setup

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 18:44:42 BST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Chris Browet <cbro at semperpax.com> wrote:

>> I selected some layers, and set the projection... perhaps a little
>> more detail on what needs to be configured would be a good idea.
>>
> Those settings are specific to the WMS provider. You should check their
> documentation to know which layers need to be selected to fit your needs.

Huh? How is Natural Resources Canada going to know how to set up Merkaartor?

I'm guessing that the WMS server that I am using is not of the "C"
variety as all of the information does not get populated.

There are a bunch of boxes where information can be entered or checked
off in Merkaartor. A description of what those boxes are for would be
useful.

Last night I managed to somehow get an image out of the WMS server,
but today without changing anything, I get a grey background.

Also for some reason, all my WMS server layers like to get reset so
they all end up being the same WMS server. Is this a desired
operation? Are we only supposed to have one WMS server enabled at a
time?

James
VE6SRV