[Merkaartor] A new home: merkaartor.be

"Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" xificurk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 13:16:52 BST 2010

Sven Lankes napsal(a):
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 01:32:34PM +0200, Chris Browet wrote:
>
>> You mean something like
>> http://merkaartor.be/download/0.16.1/merkaartor-0.16.1.tar.gz"?
>> Indeed, there isn't. You have to go thru the "Download" wiki page or thru
>> "Files".
>> Why do you think it matters?
>
> As an example: Fedora does regular checks if the source files are still
> available in the advertised locations. If not a bug is logged against
> the package. It would be easier for me as the maintainer to just update
> the version number and have the url automatically change with it ...

Gentoo ebuilds also download the file either from a gentoo mirror or
from the supplied project homepage. It takes time to get the file to
gentoo mirror, in case of merkaartor the work on getting new versions
into the official tree is _slow_ (latest version is 0.13.2).
I can write the ebuild for new version, but currently it also means to
change the download URL for each and every new version of merkaartor and
keep an eye on it, if it hasn't changed for some reason.

Regards,
Petr Morávek