[Merkaartor] RFE: Double-click for the map in the Download dialog

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Mar 7 21:57:17 GMT 2010

Hi,

while trying out Merkaartor again with recent versions, I noticed that
the map based browser is probably the nicest OpenStreetMap browser I
have seen to date, much snappier than the web. :)

The only thing that would make it even easier to use to navigate to an
interesting point would be a "zoom on double-click" feature, i.e. to
zoom in on the position where the double-click was placed. Just zooming
to the middle of the map with '+'/'-' is a bit unpractical.

Just a thought. If it hurts too much, I'll look at implementing it
myself. Someday. :)

Oh, and some sort of (visual) indication when the largest zoom factor
has been reached would be nice. Currently, just "nothing happens".

Thanks for the great tool,
Moritz