[Merkaartor] For Linux users: Merkaartor now use system-wide Boost by default

Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net
Tue Mar 23 19:22:31 GMT 2010

0> In article <7ec79eed1003230728n911436crc236bb924155c8db at mail.gmail.com>,
0> Chris Browet <URL:mailto:cbro at semperpax.com> ("Chris") wrote:

Chris> Good question!  Boost is monolithic on Gentoo so I don't have a
Chris> clear idea.

0> In article <87k4t2x48h.fsf at balti.ashgrove>,
0> Toby Speight <URL:mailto:T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net> ("Toby") wrote:

Toby> On Debian it appears that 'libboost-dev' alone is sufficient.

0> In article <4BA910B8.8060604 at gmx.net>,
0> Norbert Wenzel <URL:mailto:n_wenzel at gmx.net> ("Norbert") wrote:

Norbert> From what I get from packages.debian.org it seems that
Norbert> libboost-dev installs the complete boost library, or am I
Norbert> misunderstanding something here?

AIUI (on Debian testing), libboost-all-dev pulls in libboost-dev plus
all the subprojects (date-time, filesystem, graph, iostreams, math, mpi,
program_options, python, regex, serialization, signals, system, test,
thread, and wave).  Merkaartor doesn't require any of the subprojects.

But perhaps 1.38 is packaged slightly differently to 1.40 (which is what
I get).  I don't get 1.38 in my package lists, but libboost1.39-dev
Suggests all the subprojects and 1.40 is the lowest version to have an
'all' package that Depends on them.