[Merkaartor] Loading photos

Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net
Wed Mar 24 14:38:29 GMT 2010

0> In article <7ec79eed1003240353h13f5f762lf170307a5fb5a000 at mail.gmail.com>,
0> Chris Browet <URL:mailto:cbro at semperpax.com> ("Chris") wrote:

Chris> The fundamental idea of the GeoImages was that people would take
Chris> pictures rather than notes while wandering grabbing GPS traces.
Chris>
Chris> What other use cases do you have in mind?

Quite often, I'm adding details to an existing feature (for instance,
adding a name to a church, or something).  So I don't need a track, just
the photos, positioned in the right place.  So it saves time not to have
to furtle around and load a tracklog first.

I could keep a minimal tracklog around for this purpose; it just seems a
little odd to have to do so.

On the subject of images, I think there's some issues when image-containing
layers are removed - I'll write a ticket for that (and perhaps investigate
a fix).