[Merkaartor] Nodes not visible -> not selectable -> confusing

Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net
Sat May 22 11:39:28 BST 2010

0> In article <AANLkTin67n0NjoIekHX5-OZu2CqR7CYgjdfwm5bkK1nP at mail.gmail.com>,
0> Chris Browet <URL:mailto:cbro at semperpax.com> ("Chris") wrote:

Chris> There is also the "View-Show trackpoints" (that I should rename
Chris> to "Nodes" and that seems a bit buggy for now) to hide the nodes.

I'd overlooked that - probably because of the name.  Thanks for pointing
me at it!  :-)

Chris> Nodes with tags (i.e. POI) are always selectable, whatever the
Chris> view threshold.

Good to hear - I don't think that was always the case.

Chris> Not quite. I'd remove the manual threshold (you can still play
Chris> with the "Show trackpoints") and adjust the visual representation
Chris> (i.e. size) of the nodes depending on the zoom level. If nodes
Chris> become invisible, I wouldn't draw them so that the performance
Chris> gain would stay.

So decoupling drawable from selectable?  Makes sense to me.