[Merkaartor] Working with Gitorious

Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net
Tue May 25 10:59:34 BST 2010

0> In article <AANLkTimiMQ69DiZDLGpnA6mzXxGWfic5jDO4fmQMR1mA at mail.gmail.com>,
0> Łukasz Jernaś <URL:mailto:deejay1 at srem.org> ("Lukasz") wrote:

Lukasz> Hmm, TBH I think you missed some steps, because git pull just
Lukasz> pulls your repo, I usually work like
Lukasz>
Lukasz> <clone some repo on gitorious>
Lukasz> git clone <my_clone_url>
Lukasz> cd clone
Lukasz> git remote add upstream git://gitorious.org/merkaartor/main.git
Lukasz> git checkout -b my_feature_branch
Lukasz> <develop develop>
Lukasz> git push origin my_feature_branch
Lukasz> <create merge request>
Lukasz>
Lukasz> when it's merged into the main repo I do
Lukasz>
Lukasz> git checkout master
Lukasz> git fetch -v upstream
Lukasz> git merge upstream/master (or rebase if master messed things up, if
Lukasz> you haven't locally modified master you should get a fast forward
Lukasz> merge)
Lukasz> git push (syncs my master to my gitorious repository)

Thanks for that.  I think I'm starting to get it, now.

I'll try and write something for the Wiki, to save others from repeating
my confusions.