[Merkaartor] Windows Mobile build?

Andrew Gregory andrew at scss.com.au
Fri May 28 04:49:07 BST 2010

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying.

On Mon, 24 May 2010 14:47:08 +0800, Chris Browet <cbro at semperpax.com>
wrote:

> Unfortunately, the chance of getting a windows mobile build from my side
> are zero.

Naturally, that's a bit disappointing. My MC75 seems an ideal mobile
surveying tool, if only I could find some software!

> I don't have such a device anymore nor do I plan to buy any in the
> future.
> I don't know the state of the WinCE Qt port either.Now that Qt belongs to
> Nokia, I have much doubt it is anywhere on their priorities.
> Furthermore, from what I heard, Windows Mobile 7 will be silvelight
> based,
> so probably no way to run Qt on that, nor much incentive to invest on the
> current platform.

Speaking for me, I'm not interested in Windows Mobile 7, just 6.1. Nokia
seem to support (tier 2) Qt for WM 6.

> Anyway, just recompiling Merkaartor for a mobile device, although
> working, is unusable. While the core could be reused, a specific Ui have
> to be developed.

Well, 0.12 seemed usable to me (sure, lots of room for improvement), it
just didn't download anything.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

--
Andrew Gregory <mailto:andrew at scss.com.au>