[Merkaartor] Walking papers, zbar strange behaviour

Oliver Heesakkers osm2 at heesakkers.info
Sat Nov 13 13:00:12 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 November 2010 23:39:04 Chris Browet wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 21:35, Oliver Heesakkers <osm2 at heesakkers.info>wrote:
>
> > While working on a better port for FreeBSD I decided to try out zbar
> > with the example provided in an earlier message on this list:
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/christian.browet/Merkaartor#5531586536437781730
> >
> > When I load this picture and order it to use the barcode, it makes a
> > node in Haiti (which I'm aware is correct for that image) and places
> > the picture to the left and above of that node.
> > (...)
>
> You have to use the Walking Paper plugin for the image to be set as
> background.
>
> Right-click on an image layer -> Plugins -> Walking Paper.
> Then right-click->load image.
>
> If you open the file directly, it is handled as a geo-tagged image and
> display as you describe.

Aha, in that case, it works! I added a page to the wiki explaining the
procedure:
http://merkaartor.be/wiki/merkaartor/Walking_Papers

However I do feel that src/Docks/PhotoLoadErrorDialog.ui (on line 73)
should be edited to not mention "(Walking Papers)", as you're clearly
not loading Walking Papers this way.