[Merkaartor] PBF: Anyone interested in a multiplatform Qt/C++ pbf2osm?

Chris Browet cbro at semperpax.com
Wed Nov 17 15:47:19 GMT 2010

Hi,

I just finished implementing PBF reading for Merkaartor.
In the end, I went on scrapping MoNav implementation (C++) because Stefan C
implementation is not compilable under Win32/mingw (because of protobuf-c).

For the same price, I could develop a Qt/C++, multiplatform, pbf2osm if some
are interested. It probably won't be as fast as Stefan's, but will run on
Win32 (and OSX, but I guess Stefan's, too)
Actually, I could develop a pbf 2 whatever, via GDAL.

Just tell me.

Regards
- Chris -